Friday, March 9, 2012

Some statements of Imaam Muqbil Ibn Al-Waadi'ee

Some statements of Imaam AlWaadi'ee -rahimahulaah- about Taqleed
(blind following):


As for the issue of Taqleed: Then its meaning in the (arabic) language
is that it's taken from the word AlQilaadah (a neck chain). And it's
as if the person that is blind following has placed himself like a
chain hanging from the neck of the individual that he has blind
followed. As for its definition in the terminology of the people of
knowledge, then the best definition for it (i.e. taqleed) is the
definition Ibnul Hammaam gave it and it is: Following he who is not a
proof without proof.

[Fadhaa'ih wa Nasaa'ih page 207]

I, and all praise is due to Allah, from the
time I started seeking knowledge I had enmity towardsTaqleed, as for
me then I have been naturally disposed to hatingTaqleed in the
religion. [Ijaabah As-Saa'il page 329]

I say: Indeed adhereing restrictedly to a
Madhab (school of thought) of the various Madhaahib (plural) is
considered an innovation newly invented after the virtuous generation.
[Fadhaa'ih wa Nasaa'ih 207]

(Translation: Abu Shu'ayb)

No comments:

Post a Comment